As we all get deeper and deeper into the world of geocaching, we pick up tricks and resources that help us play the game. Whether that is a calculator, code breaking website, or one of the many podcasts, vloggers, or bloggers that constantly add to our knowledge bank – we value it all. None of us here at the Geocache Talk Network claim to know it all. However, we are students of the game and want to learn (and share) as much as we can.
Here are some of the resources we have found to be valuable. Let us know if there is one you use that you feel might help others within the community.
- The Geocacher’s Creed
- Geocaching Wiki is a user submitted site covering various topics in geocaching.
- Geocaching Acronyms is a list of some of the terms used in geocaching.
- Knowledge Books is the site containing the official rules of geocaching as written by Geocaching.com. This site has the complete list of rules and procedures for the game.
- Ratings for Difficulty/Terrain (D/T) is an explanation of how to rate your caches and what the ratings on other caches should indicate.
- Project GC is a website aiming to provide dynamic statistics for all geocachers in the world. Besides statistics there are several map tools that might be helpful. The goal is to make the best third party geocaching site available.
- GSAK is described on the site as the all in one Geocaching and waypoint management tool. Major features include: Multiple databases, sending/receiving waypoints to GPSr, Google maps, conversion to many mapping formats, PDA output (including CacheMate support), HTML output, extensive searching, macro support, backup and restore, distance/direction from other waypoints (including caches, locations, post codes) and much more. GSAK only runs on Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10)
- Cacher Stats provides a rank comparison based on total finds by state/location. You can also generate a stat bar for your profile or website.
- My Geocaching Profile provides a statistics generator and information on your progress for select challenges
- The Geocaching Toolbox From coordinate notation changes to conversions to complete different coordinate systems and from distance calculations to midpoint and intersection calculations can be found here.
- Boulter GPS Converter provides GPS format conversions, waypoint projections, and distance between two points
- GeoGearHeads is a weekly podcast discussing topics of interest to Geocachers, Location-based Gamers, and Technology Enthusiasts.
- Caching in the Northwest – An audio show about geocaching in the Northwest U.S.
- Geocaching Podcast – A general interest talk show recorded live through a Google+ Hangout On Air.
- GeoSnippits Reboot – A talk show recorded live through a Google+ Hangout On Air.
- Oh Beep! Geocaching Podcast – Geocaching experiences from a young family in the U.K.
- Podcacher Podcast – This is the most recognized audio podcast in the Caching world. If you haven’t checked out Sonny and Sandy’s show, you should.
- Treasure Movie – This will be the best geocaching movie you have ever seen. The film is scheduled to be released around May of 2017.